Saturday, August 13, 2011

Disbursed Meditations: and their disbursed effects

Disbursed Meditations: Temple Treasure: Does God Owe Us Money?

Well, I'm not sure that He/She/It actually owes us any money, but it would be a Godly sort of thing to do if some was to come our way.
Money, after all, is the currency of Welfare.
I think i know what that last means. I mean, there is a will-o-wisp of a truth in that marshy thought and i should probably winkle it out.
See, there's this paragraph in NK's above linked blog which keeps niggling at me. In it, NK makes reference to her donations to her House of Worship and the sorts of use she is reasonably sure the HoW is putting that donation to. Health, education and sustenance figure in there.
The paragraph also contains the sorts of things she would consider a misuse of her donation. Laptops are mentioned.
Wait. What?
That's what happened inside my brain when i ran into that mention.
I'm still puzzling over it.
I mean, isn't that a bit like saying, look I'll pay for the school but not the slate? I mean let's face it laptops are the slate and chalk of the 21st century. With one of those in her hands, and an internet connection, possibly under the largess of the HoW, a needy child is freed from the tyranny of the classroom and underpaid, under appreciated teachers, no? I mean, learning is a process of visualizing the information, yes? Laptops with internet connectivity do the whole quantum thing in transferring information into eager minds.
Why would an otherwise caring thoughtful person like NK want to deprive, no that's too strong, not want to help, that's better, get a laptop into a child's hand?
Maybe she just tossed that in without considering the implications.
I'm going to hope so.
Which brings us back to the whole money being the currency etc. thing.
Nope. still pretty damn will-o-wisp-y. I should probably go and smoke something. Clears up the vision a treat, that does.

No comments:

Post a Comment